Nominations are now invited for the University Distinguished Teaching Award (UDTA) and the Outstanding Teaching Awards (OTAs) under the Teaching Excellence Award Scheme (TEAS) in 2011.
The TEAS was introduced in 2008 to reaffirm the University’s commitment to recognizing, rewarding and promoting excellence in teaching. A category of Team Award was introduced under OTA in 2010 to recognize and promote collaborative effort and achievements in enhancing Teaching and Learning at the University.
Both UDTA and OTA (Individual Award) are open to all full-time teaching staff of all grades on Terms of Service I with a substantial responsibility for teaching for a continuous period of 3 years in this University. The OTA (Team Award) is open to teaching teams which comprise staff members who can meet the above eligibility requirements for UDTA/OTA (Individual Award).
For details of TEAS, please refer to the circular from the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning) at the end of this page.
Nominees are encouraged to contact the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL) for advice on the preparation of teaching portfolios. Seminars/workshops will be organized by CETL in June and September 2011 to support interested staff members to prepare for their submissions.
All nominations and the supporting documents should reach Ms. Synthia Chau, Academic Development and Quality Assurance Section, by October 28, 2011. Enquiries may be directed to Ms. Chau at 2859 2440 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Circular from Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning) (document 73/511)
- Appendix A – Examples of practices associated with, and sources of evidence for, criteria of outstanding teaching
- Appendix B (i) – Nomination Form for UDTA and OTA (Individual Award) (document 74/511)
- Appendix B (ii) – Nomination Form for OTA (Team Award) (document 75/511)
- Appendix C – Preparing a teaching portfolio
- Annex I to Appendix C – Reporting template for a summary of SETL scores