Calling all Next Generation Leaders!
Conduct important research under a leading academic, cultivate your leadership potential with bespoke training, and drive change where it really matters. All fully funded.
The Laidlaw Scholars Programme at the University of Hong Kong, a research scholarship scheme for outstanding first- and second-year HKU undergraduate students which started at HKU in 2018, enabled some 100 HKU students to gain research experience at HKU, University of Leeds, University College London, University of St. Andrews and University of York in the fields of arts, business, computer science, psychology, speech and hearing sciences, mathematics, and mechanical engineering in the past 5 summers.
The Programme comprises five main elements: a summer research project, leadership workshops, a leadership-in-action project, an ethical leadership masterclass and networking through a global network.
The Scholarship will cover the following components:
- Weekly stipend: HK$2,000 (local research) / HK$5,000 (overseas research) per week for up to 6 weeks to support summer research
- Travel: Up to HK$15,000 will be provided to support the leadership-in-action programme in/outside of Hong Kong
- An ethical leadership masterclass by London Business School (online course)
- 6 weeks of research in summer 2023 at HKU, University of Leeds, University of St. Andrews, or University College London
- 6 weeks of leadership expedition in summer 2024
- Online leadership masterclass by London Business School
Applications are now accepted until 23:59, February 5, 2023
Visit https://tl.hku.hk/horizons/laidlaw/ for details.