About this course
This course, developed by the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Hong Kong in collaboration with committee members of international and national cardiac imaging societies, is for radiologists, cardiologists, radiographers/ technologists and other health professionals who want to learn more about this imaging modality. The course follows the level 1 recommendations of cardiac imaging societies by covering the required topics and providing 50 hands-on cardiac CT cases. Previous experience in cardiac CT is not required.
- Understanding of the common cardiac CT examinations in order to better understand how to acquire cardiac images and to interpret them.
- Ability to analyse cardiac CT images at level 1 competency such as calcium score, CT coronary angiography, TAVI.
- Attain hands-on experience to analyse real cases from a database of 50 clinical cases, using dedicated software, as well as further supplementation through our web forum.
- Basic understanding of future developments in the cardiac CT field.
- Provide career advice and thoughts from well-known experts through exclusive interviews.
A MOOC on cardiovascular magnetic resonance will be available on this platform in the near future. Watch this space!
WEEK 1: Anatomy and common types of Cardiac CT
This MOOC will begin with a course on cardiac anatomy and common cardiac CT examinations (e.g calcium score, CT coronary angiogram, pulmonary vein CT and TAVI). You will also learn basics on contrasts agents.
WEEK 2: Role, Analysis & Reporting of Cardiac CT
In this section, we will teach you the role of calcium score, CT coronary angiogram, CT pulmonary veins and TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation) and how to interpret those examinations. We will also explain the role and analysis of CT for planning atrial fibrillation therapy.
WEEK 3: Technology, Image Production and Post Processing
This section will cover the principles of image production at the scanner (e.g physics, adapted protocols, radiation exposure). You will also learn image post-processing for analysis.
WEEK 4: Specialized Utilization of CT
In the last section, we will introduce you to more advanced utilizations of cardiac CT (e.g Ventricular function, CT FFR, myocardial perfusion, spectral CT) and future developments in cardiac CT.
You will also have the opportunity to practice on clinical cases and discuss this through our web forum every week.