Teaching Excellence Awards 2016
Nominations are now invited for awards under the Teaching Excellence Award Scheme (TEAS) in 2016.
The TEAS aims to recognise, reward and promote excellence in teaching at the University. In addition to the University Distinguished Teaching Award (UDTA), Outstanding Teaching Award (OTA) and Teaching Innovation Award (TIA), the University introduces a new Early Career Teaching Award (ECTA) this year to recognise the outstanding contributions and commitment of our colleagues who are at an early stage of their teaching career. Besides individual awards, both OTA and TIA comprise team awards to recognise and encourage collaborative effort and achievement in enhancing teaching and learning. All Faculties are encouraged to nominate colleagues who have made outstanding teaching and learning contributions for these awards.
The UGC invites annually nominations from the University for its UGC Teaching Award. Award recipients under the TEAS have a priority in being considered for the nominations.
For details of TEAS, please refer to the TEAS 2016 Call Circular (document 144/516)
Nominees are advised to contact the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL) for advice on the preparation of teaching portfolios. CETL will be offering seminars/workshops in June and September 2016 to support interested staff members to prepare for their submissions.
Questions may be directed, in the first instance, to Ms. Synthia Chau, Curriculum Development and Quality Assurance Section, at 2859 2440 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All nominations and the supporting documents should reach Ms. Chau on or before September 30, 2016. .
- TEAS 2016 Call Circular (document 144/516)
- Appendix A – Examples of Practices Associated with, and Sources of Evidence for, Excellent Teaching
- Appendix B (i) – Nomination Form for an individual for UDTA, OTA, TIA and ECTA (document 145/516)
- Appendix B (ii) – Nomination Form for a teaching team for OTA or TIA (document 146/516)
- Appendix C – Preparing a Teaching Portfolio
- Annex I to Appendix C – Reporting template for a summary of SETL scores