The sharing session on academic advising issues scheduled for today (22 May) was postponed to May 29, 2013 (Wed), 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.
Venue: Room MW405-406, 4/F, Meng Wah Complex
Message from the Academic Advising Office
The Academic Advising Office appreciates all those in the University community, Faculty Academic Advisers in particular, who have helped with the full implementation of the academic advising system in the double cohort year. We are very grateful for your contributions in addressing the various advising needs of your advisees. As this semester winds down, it comes as an important time to reflect on key issues and advising cases.
AAO has therefore organized for a sharing session to be held on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. in Rm 408, 4/F, Meng Wah Complex (sandwich lunch will be provided).
This sharing session will focus on the following questions :
- What are identifiable trends from discontinuation and withdrawal cases?
- How do you detect academic risks in your advisees?
- Should you intervene when your advisees receive poor academic results?
- What alert strategies are being used by faculties to identify academically “at-risk” students?
- What advice is available for students balancing residential hall life with academics?
- What are key issues when advising on enquiries about programme transfer?
- Why is it important to utilize partnerships on campus?
- When and in what ways do psychological issues affect academic performance?
For on-line registration and details, please click HERE
We once again appreciate your support in participating in this event to share your experience with other colleagues. Looking forward to seeing you on May 22.
Academic Advising Office
Rm 07-08, Upper Ground Floor,
Knowles Building, Registry
Tel: 2859 2430