Happy 2018! The second semester is coming and the Add / Drop period will be from January 15 to January 29, 2018. It is now a good time for you to think about your future major / minor plan —– one of the most important study decisions in your university education.
If you are a first-year student, it is timely to explore the wide spectrum of major / minor options and select courses of your potential major(s). If you are a non-final year student, you might need to declare / review your major / minor options.
To help you make informed choices, AAO is organizing the “When ‘Major’ Meets ‘Minor’ Fair 2018” with details as follows:
TIME: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
VENUE: Ground Floor, Chi Wah Learning Commons, Centennial Campus
- One-on-one consultation with AAO Academic Advisers, Careers Advisers and Faculty Administrators
- Pre-Fair Peer Sharing: “How Senior Students Chose Their Major/ Minor”, on January 17 (5:30 pm – 6: 30 pm)
- Special Talk: “Your Studies and Career: What to Consider”, on January 18 (12:30 pm – 2 pm)
- Distribution of programme factsheets of all major / minor options and other materials to support your studies
- Live demonstration of the newly launched Academic Planning Roadmap
- For further details of the Fair, please go to http://aao.hku.hk/majorminor
Merry Christmas and See you at the Fair!
Academic Advising Office (AAO)