Message from Academic Advising Office of the Registry
The Essentials of Academic Advising @ HKU
Time: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Venue: Conducted via ZOOM (Zoom link to be sent out after registration is confirmed)
Who is it for?
This online workshop is designed for academic and academic-related staff who support and advise students in learning:
- Colleagues who have been newly appointed to academic advising responsibilities
- Serving academic advisers who wish to have an update on the advising system and resources
- New colleagues who want to know the support system in place for students in need, whether or not they are formally assigned the role as academic adviser
What is its aim?
The workshop aims to provide participants the “must-know” information of the University Academic Advising System and facilitate their advising work through experience sharing and demonstration of resources.
What will be covered in the workshop?
- The University-wide academic advising system and roles of advisers
- Advising students on study planning and transition to university learning
- The Moodle course on academic advising and other new advising tools for advisers and students
- Functions of the SIS Advising System
- Referrals and campus support resources
Who will speak?
Ms. Rachel Hong, Head, Academic Advising Office
Dr. Matthias Buehlmaier, Faculty Academic Adviser, Business School
“Lessons from Ten Years of Academic Advising”
Tel: 3917 0128