3 Campus East Asia Programme
The 3 Campus East Asia Programme is jointly offered by:
- Keio, Japan
- Underwood International College, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Horizons Office, The University of Hong Kong, China
Each institution shall select 5 second-year or above students to undertake one year of study at the 3 campuses, spread across 3 semesters.
3 Campus Consortium
The 3 Campus East Asian Programme has been in operation since its launch in 2008. Through coursework on the three campuses and other co-curricular activities, the program offers an enriched understanding of the dynamic relations among the three key nations of East Asia (Japan, Korea and China) and of the past, present, and possible future relationships between East Asia and the world.
The three host universities – Keio, Yonsei, and HKU – have accepted other leading universities around the world to join the 3-Campus Consortium. In 2014, Princeton University sent 6 students to join a half-year program and the first batch of Princeton University students were in residence on the HKU campus from mid-June to early August 2014. King’s College London, Cornell University, the University of Geneva, and the University of Southern California have followed suit and joined the Consortium.
Details can be accessed via http://oia.yonsei.ac.kr/3campus.
- 1-year programme in 3 East Asian Cities: Tokyo, Seoul and Hong Kong
- Classmates coming from renowned overseas institutions: Cornell, Geneva, Georgetown, King’s, Princeton and USC
- Learning foreign languages in a local setting, with lots of opportunity to practise
- Course credits from the partner universities will be transferred back to HKU
- Fulfilment of “Global Citizenship” for students from the Faculty of Social Sciences
Applicants must have completed one year of full-time undergraduate studies at HKU, and must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
All accepted students with CGPA above 3.0 are eligible for an IAO Scholarship
Participants will continue to pay their usual tuition fees to HKU while being responsible for all other expenses during their stay at Keio and Yonsei Universities.
|Keio (1st semester)||Yonsei (2nd semester)|
|Housing||HKD 35,000||HKD 13,000-19,500|
|Daily Expenses||HKD 33,000||HKD 22,000|
|Total||HKD 68,000||HKD 35,000-41,500|
A briefing session will take place at 1-2pm, February 9, 2022. Please register by 11:59am, February 8, 2022. at https://hkuems1.hku.hk/hkuems/ec_hdetail.aspx?ueid=80238
Application for 2022-23 Round
Online application are accepted from February 9 to March 7, 2022 (6 pm).