The entire programme in winter 2021 will be conducted virtually via Zoom Conference.
A virtual HKU-Common Purpose Leadership Development Programme will be launched this winter to enable you to gain insights into how businesses are run during the current turbulent economic climate and to propose solutions to a community-based organisation/non-profit organisation/commercial organisation through project execution. You will attend guest talks from industry leaders in one of the three destinations of your choice and be virtually immersed in the cities of Mumbai, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta. Participants will be issued a certificate by Common Purpose upon successful completion of the programme.
The programme will enable up to 120 HKU students to:
- work in groups of 10 across boundaries
- devise, plan and implement group projects
- gain access to leading organizations in the host destinations
- boost their cultural intelligence
- develop their leadership skills
- learn about the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The programme will feature a series of thought-provoking and interactive events running from late October 2021 to March 2022:
- Stage 1 – Global Leadership Forum: Thursday, 28 October 2021
- Stage 2 – Welcome and city introduction: Friday, 24 December 2021
- Stage 3 – Open Source Leadership (“OSL”) asynchronous course: Monday, 27 December 2021 – Wednesday, 5 January 2022
- Stage 4 – Collab: Thursday, 6 January 2022
- Stage 5 – Organizational Raids: Friday, 7 January – Thursday, 13 January 2022
- Stage 6 – Jamboree: Wednesday, 16 March 2022
Application is now open until Friday, (noon) 12 November 2021
Registration: please complete this online form
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Common Purpose (http://commonpurpose.org/)
Founded in 1989, Common Purpose is a leadership development organization that specializes in cross-boundary leadership. It is runs programmes in over 70 cities worldwide, with over 4,000 participants becoming Common Purpose Alumni every year. Common Purpose leadership development programmes aim to inspire and equip participants to work across boundaries, enabling them to solve complex problems in organizations and in society.
Common Purpose’s extensive alumni network across the Asia Pacific region enables access at senior levels of organizations, large and small, across the public, private and NGO sectors.
Common Purpose partners with world-class universities and runs leadership programmes for their students, including the top 30 universities globally:
Harvard | Oxford | National University of Singapore | University of Nairobi | University of the Witwatersrand | University College London | IIT Bombay | New York University | King’s College London | Edinburgh | University of Chicago | IIM Bangalore | University of Johannesburg
Common Purpose partners with organizations in the field of student leadership, including:
Fulbright | AIESEC | National Youth Council of Singapore | All-China Youth Federation | China Youth Daily | Commonwealth Youth New Zealand