The University has a range of resources designed to help you develop good academic writing skills and learn how to avoid plagiarism.
- Online Course on Plagiarism@HKU Online Learning (all newly-enrolled students are expected to complete this course) Learn about issues and consequences related to plagiarism and demonstrate ability to recognize and avoid plagiarism
- ReadingList@HKUL Library materials on citation styles
- Endnote@HKU A bibliographical management software package designed to help you to organize bibliographic references and create a bibliography. Training sessions are offered by the Libraries during the semester.
- Turnitin@HKU Offers originality checking on students’ work for proper citation or potential plagiarism
Centre for Applied English Studies
- CAES1000 Core University English (for first-year undergraduate students only) Learn how to cite, reference and paraphrase, and other essential English language skills needed for appropriate academic writing and speaking
- CAES How to Avoid Plagiarism Workshops Learn how to cite, reference and paraphrase
- CAES Writing Centre Get one-on-one support for improving academic writing skills, including citation, referencing and paraphrasing skills