Completed TDG Projects
IT in the Curriculum & e-Learning
Development of an Interactive Class System for the Moodle Platform
This TDG project developed a production version of iClass interactive mobile learning platform for teachers and students to conduct real-time interactive learning activity through their smartphone and tablet PC. More functions such as drawing, key words, quizzes, presentation recording…etc. are developed. Students can share their ideas through iClass in the lecture room or in the learning commons and submit their ideas to the course room. The platform had been integrated with the HKU Moodle platform and it had been used in the faculties of Engineering, Medicine, Social Science, Science and Dentistry. This project helped to enhance students’ participation in lecture and introduced an innovative pedagogy for interactive teaching in large class environment.
Dr. W.W.T. Fok, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of EngineeringContact
- A production version of iClass interactive module had been developed and launched to the HKU Moodle platform. More functions such as drawing, key words, quizzes, presentation recording…etc. are developed. Students can share their ideas through iClass in the lecture room or in the learning commons and submit their ideas to the course room.
- An interface module labelled “iClass” for integrating with Moodle to support blended learning was developed.
- Seven interactive courses were developed.
- Two books and 8 conference papers were published and presented, downloadable in the project web-site http://elearning.eee.hku.hk.
- The outcomes of the project were disseminated to colleagues together with CETL through seminers, workshop, books and papers publication.
- An evaluation report with recommendations Download
- A technical specification and guideline for the integration of mobile apps and Moodle LMS Download