Completed TDG Projects
Supporting OBASL at HKU
The aim of this project is to gain an understanding of the current state of implementation of OBASL, to assess current support levels and needs in relation to professional academic development and to create an opportunity for faculties, CETL and students to engage with curriculum reform and share expertise.
The objectives of the projects are:
- To develop and implement professional learning resources and activities that support sustainable changes in HKU strategic initiatives in outcomes-based approaches to teaching and learning.
- To develop these resources in an informed way by seeking evidence from HKU academic staff from all faculties, including follow up with those who have participated in past OBASL workshops regarding the type and form of support that would be of most benefit and would meet their needs; evidence are also sought from a representative sample of students.
Dr. D.J. Salter Menzo, Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
Deliverables (HKU Portal Login Required)
- Two resource booklets were created for use in professional development workshops:
- “Advanced Teaching and Learning @HKU”
- “Practical Strategies from Award Winning Teachers”Download
- An online questionnaire and a semi-structured interview were developed and implemented.
- A workshop on Sustainable feedback was held in CETL in November 2011.