Completed TDG Projects
The Remaking of an Outcome-Based Social Work Curriculum: A Participatory Action Learning Project
The objectives of the project are:
- to engage teachers, alumni and students to develop clear visions on the intended learning outcomes (ILOs) particularly on students’ core competence and value identification in social work practice and to what standards the program should be set as benchmarks upon graduation;
- to involve course teachers to align their courses along the program ILOs and develop a matrix to ensure the overall coverage of learning outcomes.
One of the key deliverables of the project is an undergraduate social work curriculum built firmly upon the foundations of the University’s educational aims, and with program ILOs and course ILOs explicitly laid out as a curriculum matrix, and while doing so, gaps would be identified to improve the delivery of the social work curriculum.
Dr. E.W.H. Chui, Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Faculty of Social SciencesContact
Deliverables (HKU Portal Login Required)
- A Moodle site on the application of outcome-based teaching approach in social work with key literature on the delivery of social work education in the US and UK primarily (URL: http://ecourse.socialwork.hku.hk/course/view.php?id=181)
- Literature review on “Introducing an Outcomes-based Undergraduate Social Work Education at The University of Hong Kong” presented in the 2011 Social Work Education in Greater China Conference (organized by the Department of Social Work, National Taipei University, Taiwan, 13-14 June 2011)Download
- Workshop presentation on “Introducing an Outcomes-based Undergraduate Social Work Education at The University of Hong Kong”Download
- Revised programme level outcomeDownload
- Curriculum grid/matrix has been prepared to map how the objectives of each core course within the Bachelor of Social Work programme aligns with the programme level outcomesDownload