Completed TDG Projects
HKUtopia – A Project-based Course of Capstone Experience for Chemistry Undergraduates
In response to the inclusion of Capstone Experience as one of the graduation requirements in the new 4-year undergraduate curriculum with an aim to providing students with an integrated and holistic education, this TDG project aims to develop a well-structured project-based course to provide capstone experience for chemistry students with the following specific learning outcomes to echo the six educational aims of HKU undergraduate curriculum:
- to be able to observe and evaluate the various issues we are facing with and determine ways in which chemistry can be used to solve the problems,
- to be able to integrate theory and practice, and to understand limitations of their current knowledge,
- to be able to work in a team and to collaborate with people with different background, and
- to be able to advocate to others the appreciation for chemistry as to its relevance to our daily life.
With the introduction of this HKUtopia project-based course, the coverage of the Experiential Learning / Capstone Experience course list our Department offers is now more complete to cater for individual interest and ability of our students.
Dr. P.L. Tong, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of ScienceContact
- In addition to the existing courses which are mainly lab-based, a well-structured project-based course in the category of Experiential Learning / Capstone Experience is now available for Chemistry Majors in both the 3-year and 4-year curricula to select.
- A webpage has been constructed for the course (http://www.chemistry.hku.hk/hkutopia/) to provide students with the useful information to carry out the project.