Message from Vice-President and Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning)
Dear colleagues and students,
I am very pleased to announce the recipients of the University’s 2021 Teaching Excellence Awards. The Selection Panel was deeply impressed with the awardees’ dedication to teaching, their tireless and creative efforts to make learning enjoyable and challenging, and the impact they have made on student learning.
University Distinguished Teaching Award
- Mr. Mathew R. Pryor, Associate Professor of Teaching, Department of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture
Outstanding Teaching Award
- Dr. Christophe D.M. Coupé, Assistant Professor, School of Humanities, Faculty of Arts
- Mr. Patrick D. Desloge, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Applied English Studies, Faculty of Arts
- Ms. Vincci W.S. Mak, Senior Lecturer, Department of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture
Early Career Teaching Award
- Dr. Peter J. Cobb, Assistant Professor, Faculties of Education and Arts
- Ms. Promail K.Y. Leung , Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Education
- Ms. Lidia V. Ratoi, Assistant Lecturer, Department of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture
- Ms. Janet K.T. Wong, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
Teaching Innovation Award
- Ms. Tanya J. Kempston, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Education for Hear This! A Festival of Radio Drama on Zoom
- Dr. Ming-yen Ng, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine for Cardiac Imaging Massive Open Online Courses
- Mr. Ashley S. Kelly (Leader) and Dr. Xiaoxuan Lu of Faculty of Architecture for Strategic Landscape Planning for the Greater Mekong
- Dr. George L. Tipoe (Leader) of Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Professor Amy Y.M. Chow of Faculty of Social Sciences, Dr. Fraide Jr. A. Ganotice, Dr. May P.S. Lam and Dr. Janet Y.H. Wong of Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice – an “eMART” Approach
I would like to thank our external assessor Professor Anthony Smith (Vice-Provost (Faculties) of the University College London) for providing us with expert advice during the final selection process. I would also like to thank the other Panel members: Dr. Susan Bridges, Dr. Yeewan Koon, and Mr. Jason Wong (student representative) for their assistance in this important exercise.
Please join me in congratulating the awardees!
Professor Ian Holliday
Vice-President and Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning)
Chair, Selection Panel for 2021 Teaching Excellence Awards