Dear colleagues and students
We’ve been monitoring the Covid-19 situation and thinking through the implications for S2 T&L arrangements. I’m writing to brief you on our plans.
As you know, S2 opens with a period of just over two weeks up to Chinese New Year. We teach from Monday January 17 to Monday January 31. We then break for one week. We come back on Tuesday February 8.
For the initial part of S2 (January 17-31), these arrangements will apply to all UG and TPG courses:
- Large classes (enrolment 40 students and above) will switch to online mode.
- Small classes (enrolment up to 39 students) will be offered f2f.
- Special arrangements for preclinical, clinical, and laboratory courses requiring f2f teaching will be made and communicated separately by individual faculties.
- Teachers will receive from ITS a bulk email showing how they can upload to HKU Moodle a brief message about course delivery mode for the initial part of S2.
- Students will be able to check HKU Moodle from Monday morning for information about their courses.
We’re introducing these T&L arrangements to reduce the risk of Covid-19 infection on campus, on public transport, and in the community. We hope to reinstate full f2f teaching on Tuesday February 8. Closer to the time, I’ll write again.
As usual, please drop me a line with queries: email@example.com.
Best wishes for S2 — Ian
Professor Ian Holliday
Vice-President (Teaching and Learning)
The University of Hong Kong