Introduction to Teaching and Learning @ HKU
Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL)
Date: 10 Jan 2012 (Tue)
Venue: Room 321, Run Run Shaw Building
This one-day programme is a foundation programme in teaching and learning at the University of Hong Kong and is designed for teaching staff, regardless of previous teaching experience, who are new to teaching at HKU. The overall aim is to provide new staff with a better understanding of specific issues relating to teaching in Hong Kong and at HKU.
Some of the topics included:
- HK and HKU education system, e.g. 4-year curriculum reform, including the common core curriculum and experiential learning
- Students: their demography, culture, expectations and transition to university
- English as the medium of instruction, policy and implications
- Teaching related opportunities such as Teaching Development Grants and Teaching Awards
- Different teaching and learning evaluation in HKU and how to enhance student learning
The ‘Introduction to Teaching and Learning @ HKU’ is a mandatory programme for all new academic and academic-related staff with full-time teaching responsibilities commencing on or after September 1, 2011, and should be taken within the first year of service. Please note there are no exemptions.
Early registration is encouraged as enrolment is limited. For course details and registrations, please refer to the following link: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/itl120110
Should you have any inquiries, please contact Ms. Eva Poon, CETL at 2859 8996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org