Message from Centre for Information Technology in Education within the Faculty of Education
I am pleased to inform you that CITE Research Symposium 2014 (CITERS 2014) will be held on 13-14 June 2014 (Friday & Saturday) at Rayson Huang Theatre, The University of Hong Kong. CITERS is organized by Centre for Information Technology in Education (CITE), in collaboration with the Centre for Advancement in Inclusive and Special Education (CAISE), Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL), HKU Libraries of the University of Hong Kong, HKUSPACE Centre for Cyber Learning and Center of Teaching and Learning Development, National Taiwan Normal University. The symposium’s main theme is ‘Learning without Limits’.
The CITERS 2014 Organizing Committee is now calling for contributions from educational researchers and practitioners, including teacher educators, principals, teachers, government officers, librarians, students and graduates from education programmes, CITE members and those interested in IT and educational research. More details about CITERS 2014 call for contribution can be found in http://citers2014.cite.hku.hk/call-for-contributions/
The symposium has six sub-themes:
- Partnerships for learning beyond technology
- Technology-supported professional learning
- Leveraging learning environments for meeting diversity in the classroom
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Professional learning for meeting students’ special educational needs
Five presentation formats will be accepted, namely:
- Symposia (group of presentations on a theme)
- Paper Presentations
- Virtual Paper Presentations
- Teacher and student Demonstrations
Submitted contributions will be reviewed by the CITERS 2014 Organizing Committee. Full papers (optional) submitted will have a chance to be published in the ITEC e-Journal. Regarding the instructions for preparing the full papers, please kindly refer to URL http://ejournal.cite.hku.hk/ for details.
Accepted proposals will be invited for presentation at the Symposium. Selection criteria:
- Relevance of the presentation to the theme of the symposium
- Originality of the presentation contents
- Clarity of the presentation
Deadline for submission: 4 April 2014 (Fri)
Notification of acceptance: 12 May 2014 (Mon)
Full paper submission (optional): 11 June 2014 (Wed)
Conference dates: 13 -14 June 2014 (Fri & Sat)
Please submit proposals via CITE open conference system at http://ocs.cite.hku.hk/index.php/citers2014/LwL/author/submit on or before 4 April 2014.
I look forward to your active participation.
Dr. Allan H. K. Yuen
CITE Director &
CITERS 2014 Organizing Committee Chair