Message from Academic Advising Office of the Registry
Time: 12:30 to 1:30 pm (A sandwich lunch will be provided)
Venue: KB 110, Knowles Building
Who is it for?
This workshop is designed for academic and academic-related staff who support and advise students in learning:
- Colleagues who have been newly appointed to academic advising responsibilities
- Serving academic advisers who wish to have a quick recap on resources and facilities that can make their job easier and faster
- New colleagues who want to know the advising and referral system for students in need, whether or not they are formally assigned the role as academic adviser
What is its aim?
The overall aim of this workshop is to provide you with the information on the key features of the University Academic Advising System, the latest developments in academic advising, the advising tools in SIS and relevant campus support resources at HKU.
What will I learn about?
Some of the “Must-know” information covered in the workshops are:
- Academic advising roles and timeline
- Student development roadmap and common issues
- Hands-on experience of the SIS advising tools (* Each participant will have a PC to try out the System)
- Advising students with academic risks
- Referrals and campus resources
- Quick recap of academic regulations
Who will speak?
- Ms. Rachel Hong, Acting Head, Academic Advising Office
- Experience sharing by Dr. A. T. C. Tam, Academic Adviser, Department of Computer Science
How do I register?
Please click here
Who should I contact if I have questions?
For enquiries, please contact us at 2219 4686 / email@example.com