Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become a pervasive force that’s redefining a multitude of sectors, including education. This course is a comprehensive online course designed to empower students, staff and educators with basic knowledge and understanding of AI. Through engaging video lectures, interactive activities, and assessments, the course covers key concepts of AI including Generative AI (GenAI), real-world applications that can be used in education, challenges and benefits of GenAI and guidelines for AI in Education policy.
In an increasingly digitized world, AI literacy is no longer optional; it’s essential. This online course is designed to provide students and teachers a deep understanding of artificial intelligence (AI), its implications in education, and its potential to transform the learning experience.
You will have the opportunity to share your thoughts about your learning, discuss and evaluate your understanding as you progress through the self-paced course.
This course contains 5 modules:
- Module 1 Introduction to AI
- Module 2 Navigating AI Applications in Education via A SWOT Approach
- Module 3 Introduction to Prompt Engineering
- Module 4 Assessment and AI
- Module 5: HKU Policy on Use of Generative Artificial Intelligence for Teaching and Learning