Message from The Vice-Chancellor
Dear Colleagues and Students,
I am very pleased to announce the winners of the Outstanding Teaching Award for 2013:Individual Award
- Professor Wing-sum Cheung, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science
- Dr. Tammy Y.L. Kwan, Faculty of Education
- Dr. Cole Roskam, Department of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture
- Dr. Kaimin Shih, Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- Ms. Dorothy S.W. Tang, Department of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture
- Dr. Xiaojun Yan, Department of Politics and Public Administration, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Professor Li-chong Chan (Leader), Dr. Julie Y. Chen, Dr. Janice W.H. Tsang of Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine for A Medical Humanities Core Curriculum: Engaging Medical Students Through Experiential Learning
The Selection Panel was deeply impressed by the awardees’ dedication to teaching, their tireless and creative efforts to make learning enjoyable and challenging, and the impact that they have made on their students’ learning.
The awardees will be honoured at the upcoming award presentation ceremony on Wednesday, 26 March 2014; and their names will be posted for a period of five years on the Teaching Excellence Awards Honour Board in the Main Library.
I would like to thank our external assessor Professor Michele D. Marincovich (Senior Advisor to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education at Stanford University) in providing us with her expert advice in situ during the final selection process. I would also like to thank the other Panel members, Professor Amy B.M. Tsui, Professor Grahame T. Bilbow, Dr. David M. Pomfret and Ms. Yee-man Wong (student representative), for their assistance in this important exercise.
I look forward to seeing you all at the ceremony.Lap-Chee Tsui, Vice-Chancellor
Selection Panel for Teaching Excellence Awards 2013